Ten Ways to Celebrate Keep America Beautiful Month!
Since the 1970s, Keep America Beautiful Month in April has celebrated the work led by our 620 state and community-based affiliates, local partners, businesses, public officials and millions of passionate volunteers to advance our fight to End Littering, Improve Recycling and Beautify America’s Communities.
Here are 10 easy ways anyone can #DoBeautifulThings and help Keep America Beautiful fulfill a vision of a country in which every community is a clean, green and beautiful place to live:
- Participate in the Great American Cleanup, the nation's largest community improvement program, which kicks into high gear every spring in more than 20,000 communities across the country and continues through the fall. Find a local Keep America Beautiful Affiliate using the Affiliate Search Map at kab.org.
- Organize an event on your own block ... and celebrate your accomplishments! We call it a #cleanYOURblock Party! Visit act.kab.org/cleanyourblock to create your own #cleanYOURblock team and invite family, friends and neighbors to join you.
- Set up an individual "#cleanYOURblock Party" fundraising page or join someone else's team today!
- Download the #cleanYOURblock Party Volunteer Guide!
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to be inspired by photos and stories of community improvement projects taking place across the country … led by people just like you!
- Share photos of you, friends and family participating in a local Great American Cleanup event, a #cleanYOURblock Party you’ve organized or any other activity that shows how you are helping to Keep America Beautiful. Be sure to use #DoBeautifulThings or #cleanYOURblock so we can see them and share them!
- Explore National Planting Day, a fall initiative of the Great American Cleanup. National Planting Day is designed to mobilize Americans to support local ecosystems by planting native species of plants and trees, grow pollinator gardens to promote the health of honeybees, butterflies and other pollinators, and create community-supported sustainable vegetable and fruit gardens.
- Check out the many ways Keep America Beautiful is working to Improve Recycling in America. By educating and engaging individuals to recycle more of the right things the right way — at home, at work and on-the-go — we can help make recycling more economically viable, creating jobs and providing recyclables to manufacture new products and packaging, while continuing to reap greater environmental and community benefits.
- Learn about the Cigarette Litter Prevention Program and see how we’ve helped reduce cigarette litter, the #1 form of litter, by an average of more than 50% in the 1,700 communities in which the program has been implemented.
- Donate to Keep America Beautiful to help us continue to make a lasting environmental, economic and social impact on communities nationwide.
National sponsors of the 2017 Great American Cleanup include Altria, Dow, The Glad Products Company, Lowe's, Niagara Bottling and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. In select Keep America Beautiful affiliate communities, Marco’s Pizza, the fastest-growing pizza company in the U.S. (based on number of stores signed into development since 2007), will provide free pizza parties for volunteers and participants after Great American Cleanup events.
Dropps, the eco-friendly unit dose household cleaning brand and a Great American Cleanup promotional partner, will donate 10 percent of sales for the entire year to Keep America Beautiful on every new wash plan subscription or new customer product purchase made on Dropps.com using code KAB2017.