2016 Great American Cleanup in Manatee County
Keep Manatee Beautiful’s volunteers have been called upon to have a Cleanup Block Party for the Great American Cleanup countywide (Manatee County, Florida) on Saturday, April 16, from 9 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on their Adopt-A-Highway, Road or Shore!
Other volunteers who haven't signed Adopt-A-Highway, Road and Shore agreements to do litter cleanups three to four times, can help by arriving at 9 a.m. at any of the following cleanup block party locations which are posted at www.manateebeautiful.com. Bring gloves, sunscreen and wear closed toe shoes. Trash bags, drinks and "thank you" gifts will be provided.
Anna Maria Island and Village of Cortez
- Anna Maria City Hall at 10005 Gulf Dr.
- Kingfish Boat Ramp on S.R. 64 W., west of drawbridge in Holmes Beach
- F.I.S.H. Preserve at 11601 Cortez Road W
City of Bradenton
- Historic Wares Creek at Bradenton Woman’s Club, 1705 Manatee Ave. W.
City of Palmetto
- City Hall at 518 8th Ave. W.
Palmetto will also have trash drop off sites at these sites:
- 17th Street Park, 6th Street West between 10th & 11th Avenues in Sutton Park
- 10th Street West
- 5th Avenue West
NO tires, hazardous waste, household appliances or construction materials.
North and East Manatee County
- Terra Ceia with Wildlife Rescue Service of Florida on U.S. 19 at northwest corner of bridge by Sea Hut’s Crab Trap
- Ray’s Canoe Hideaway at 1289 Hagle Park Rd. off Upper Manatee River Road – free boat launch & use of canoes on a first-come, first-serve basis to clean river
- Old Braden River Historical Society at King Ranch Manatee, 4630 60th St. E. – bring your canoe, kayak or power boat to clean river
Cleanup volunteers helping on Anna Maria Island, and nearby in the Village of Cortez and Palma Sola Causeway, will be thanked with an Earth Day Party at Manatee Public Beach (4000 Gulf Dr., Holmes Beach, Florida) compliments of Anna Maria Island Beach Café.