Ten Ways to Celebrate Keep America Beautiful Month!
It’s April – and that means it’s Keep America Beautiful Month!
You don’t have to wait until Earth Day to join Keep America Beautiful and our more than 600 state and community-based affiliates, local partners, businesses, public officials and millions of volunteers to help us End Littering, Improve Recycling and Beautify America’s Communities.
Here are 10 easy ways anyone can #DoBeautifulThings and help Keep America Beautiful fulfill a vision in which every community is a clean, green and beautiful place to live this month and every month:
- Participate in the Great American Cleanup, the nation's largest community improvement program, which kicks into high gear every spring in tens of thousands of communities across the country and continues through the fall. Find a local Keep America Beautiful Affiliate using the Affiliate Search Map at kab.org.
- Organize an event on your own block ... and celebrate your accomplishments! We call it a #cleanYOURblock Party! Visit dobeautifulthings.org to create your own #cleanYOURblock Great American Cleanup team and invite family, friends and neighbors to join you.
- Download the #cleanYOURblock Party Volunteer Guide in English or Spanish!
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to be inspired by photos and stories of community improvement projects taking place across the country … led by people just like you!
- Share photos of you, friends and family participating in a local Great American Cleanup event, a #cleanYOURblock Party you’ve organized or any other activity that shows how you are helping to Keep America Beautiful. Be sure to use #DoBeautifulThings or #cleanYOURblock so we can see them and share them!
- Be part of the “plogging” trend this spring! Plogging combines jogging with intermittent squatting, offering exercise benefits while supporting your community and the environment.
- Explore National Planting Day, a fall initiative of the Great American Cleanup. National Planting Day is designed to mobilize Americans to support local ecosystems by planting native species of plants and trees, grow pollinator gardens to promote the health of honeybees, butterflies and other pollinators, and create community-supported sustainable vegetable and fruit gardens.
- Take the #BeRecycled Pledge and check out the many ways Keep America Beautiful is working to Improve Recycling in America. By educating and engaging individuals to recycle more of the right things the right way — at home, at work and on-the-go — we can help make recycling more economically viable, creating jobs and providing recyclables to manufacture new products and packaging, while continuing to reap greater environmental and community benefits
- No Keep America Beautiful affiliate in your community? Join us! Keep America Beautiful has two options for affiliation: A community may form an affiliate with no existing organization currently in place or form through migration from an existing community improvement organization.
- Donate to Keep America Beautiful to help us continue to make a lasting environmental, economic and social impact on communities nationwide.
National sponsors of the 2018 Great American Cleanup include Altria, Dow, The Glad Products Company, Lowe's, McDonald’s and Niagara Bottling.