Welcome to the Keep America Beautiful® Careers page, where we post current full-time, part-time and paid internship opportunities in our national headquarters, located in Stamford, Connecticut.
Our headquarters is walking distance from the Stamford Metro-North train station, which has a shuttle bus available. The office features a free parking garage and gym in the building and is conveniently located near great restaurants, bars, shopping, and beautiful Mill River Park.
Persons with national service experience (VISTA, Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and veterans are encouraged to apply. Keep America Beautiful is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, ancestry, marital status, being a party to a civil union, handicap or disabilities or perception of disabilities, political activity, or other protected class status. Discrimination in violation of this policy is prohibited.
Please submit resumes with cover letters to email@example.com and include the title of the career opportunity in the Subject line of your email.
Note that based on the volume of resumes submitted, we unfortunately cannot reply to all submissions.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Keep America Beautiful® team!
Chief of Staff
At Keep America Beautiful, we’re experiencing a period of innovation and growth as the result of increased efficiency and productivity. To continue this trajectory, we’re searching for a highly qualified Chief of Staff to work closely with our executive team. The Chief of Staff will be a new position for Keep America Beautiful and will require the candidate to develop and refine the role. From day one, the Chief of Staff will have an immediate impact on our productivity, streamlining strategic initiatives, overseeing program management, and communicating objectives between departments. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a business management role, with a particular focus on executive-level advising and interdepartmental collaboration. The Chief of Staff will serve as the right hand of the President and CEO.
Objectives of this Role
- THE GOALKEEPER - Manage and triage workflow of the CEO. Prioritize, delegate, and complete work on behalf of the CEO. Build a level of trust, enabling the CEO to focus on more significant strategic organizational initiatives.
- THE OPERATOR - Add structure and process for better communication within the office of the CEO as well as across teams. Ensure activities are running efficiently.
- THE IMPLEMENTER - Drive business priorities from start to finish. Execute special projects or initiatives on behalf of the CEO or the organization.
- THE INTEGRATOR - Create cohesion among teams and departments. Connect the dots across the organization for improved alignment and engagement. Assess issues that serve as barriers to a team or organization operating at maximum effectiveness.
- THE PROXY - Act on behalf of the CEO for greater visibility and accessibility. Prevent bottlenecking and promote decision-making when the CEO cannot be present.
- THE ADVISOR - Serve as a strategic thought partner, sounding board, and confidante. Inform organization strategy and decision-making.
- THE RELATIONSHIP BUILDER - Be well-connected with those reporting into the CEO and others across the organization to influence outcomes. Through this cross-functional perspective, garner support for the leadership team and foster long-term partnerships critical to organizational success.
- Oversee strategic business initiatives and project management from development through successful execution under the guidance of senior leadership.
- Assist and communicate with executives in decision-making, program management, and action implementation.
- Review, design, and execute improvements to organizational structure, find knowledge and skills gaps and help address them.
- Improve current processes and coordinate organizational procedures and project management for optimized efficiency and productivity.
- Oversee administrative functions of the organization, including human resources, budget and finance, audit, IT, and facilities.
- Serve as liaison between staff, the board of directors, senior leaders, and CEO, regarding company climate, employee well-being, project updates, proposals, and planning.
- Lead annual strategic planning and budget processes including creating and updating dashboards for reviewing key performance indicators.
- Assist leadership with new hires, including documentation and onboarding, and collaborate to address and resolve all employee concerns.
- Oversee daily operations through collaboration with senior management and department leaders, overseeing an array of administrative tasks from managing calendars, generating correspondence, maintaining hard copy and electronic files, planning and coordinating meetings and staff retreats, and scheduling facilities.
- Build and develop relationships with all employees for increased efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, and help to define new operational strategies, working with CEO and leadership on special projects.
- Maintain a general knowledge of subject matter specific to Keep America Beautiful, handling inquiries and developing action plans to address them, and assisting with the preparation and dissemination of communications.
- Directly manage the work of the Finance Director and the Executive Assistant/Office Manager.
- Set the CEO’s strategic priorities, identifying the areas where she must direct her focus and identify metrics for success.
- Revisit regularly and evaluate progress.
- Strategically manage the CEO’s time, work with the executive assistant, looking at long-term travel calendar, evaluating opportunities, and determining fit with priorities.
- Prepare for meetings and follow up, reviewing upcoming meetings for the week to ensure the CEO has all the information needed to be as productive as possible and sending out agendas or documents to meeting attendees as necessary.
- Review internal and external communications, draft company newsletters, reports, pitch decks, speeches, or presentations for the CEO.
- Monitor information flow, ensuring a CEO’s involvement in a project or decision-making process occurs at the right moment.
Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or similar field.
- 7+ years in a business or executive management role.
- Proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments.
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form.
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity.
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives.
- Proven success in a project management role.
- Experience with budget management.
- Experience with data analysis.
- Experience with operations management.
- Nimble business mind with a focus on developing creative solutions.
- Strong project reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication.
- Experience with Salesforce.
Grants and Events Manager
The mission of Keep America Beautiful is to inspire and educate people to take action every day to improve and beautify their community environment. At the national level, we collaborate with local organizations who are creating change in their communities, develop programs and systems to facilitate change across all communities, and provide opportunities for organizations to grow their impact in their communities.
We are seeking a Grants and Event Manager to oversee three core activities: our grants programs, our National Conference and other events, and our National Awards and other recognition programs. This position will report to the Director, Training and work closely with KAB’s Affiliate Operations Team as well as other key groups across our team (including development, finance, communications, and research and evaluation).
The core of this role is managing our grants and National Awards program, as well as coordinating, planning, and managing the overall success of the organization’s annual National Conference for state and local affiliates, as well as other smaller events. The ideal candidate is a dynamic program manager with who has experience working in an organization with multiple initiatives and is comfortable overseeing key programs. You should have event planning experience, proven project management abilities, organizational and administrative skills, plus strong collaborative and communications skills.
Keep America Beautiful uses a suite of technologies to manage its programs and the Grants and Events Manager should be a confident and competent adopter of new technologies. Specifically, the strongest candidates will be proficient with donor database or CRM systems (e.g., Salesforce) and event planning applications (e.g., CVENT, Aventri).
This position will be a good fit for an energetic person with mid-level experience who is able to wear multiple hats in a mission-driven, nonprofit organization focused on community improvement. We are looking for an energetic, organized, tech-savvy, and collaborative self-starter.
Provide overall support for a variety of Keep America Beautiful’s in-person and virtual events, ranging in size from small groups to larger (300+) gatherings such as our annual National Conference.
- Work with Director, Training and Regional Directors to prepare and disseminate associated materials for ongoing Training as it relates to new affiliate training opportunities. Affiliate trainings may occur in-person or virtually. This person must adhere to requests and plan for creation, as well as timely mailing of material.
- Work with staff to secure space for meetings held in the continental United States.
- Work with Director, Training to establish and maintain relationships with various vendors, service providers and meeting facilities to assure that the organization's goals are accomplished within budget.
- Responsible for conference/meeting registration and fees collection.
- Manage on-site production and logistics for National Conference and other meetings. Tasks include meals selection, AV needs, room layout, delivery of supplies, troubleshooting and on-site run of show (National Conference).
- Provide customer service to attendees, exhibitors and sponsors.
- Prepares and disseminates associated correspondence, notices, presentations and materials, agendas and minutes; prepares nametags or name tents, meeting signs, and training records, as well as provides administrative support as needed to three Regional Directors.
- Provides administrative support to three Regional Directors.
Grants Management Program:
Play a lead role in managing grants that are critical to the sustainability of our programs and services for the benefit of the affiliate network.
- Manage 3-5 sponsor-driven grant programs including:
- competitive application process
- database management
- review and selection of grantees
- monetary dispersion
- reporting to sponsor
- Develop timelines for grants and work with relevant development and program staff to ensure that all grant requirements are met in a timely fashion.
- Collaborate with program, development, and evaluation staff to ensure that all grant applications and reports reflect the objectives of the grantor, advance the goals of Keep America Beautiful and the grantor, and include metrics that demonstrate meaningful impact.
- Ensure timely submission of grant applications and reports.
- Work closely with the affiliate operations and finance department on budgetary aspects of grant proposals and reports, including monitoring grant expenditures.
- Draft and distribute acknowledgement letters for grants received.
- Support the Programs team to implement signature programs.
National Awards Program:
Oversee Keep America Beautiful’s signature awards programs that recognize the individuals, affiliates, and partners who are leaders in making their communities clean, green, and beautiful places to live.
- Manage National Awards program, database systems, and provide logistics support for the Keep America Beautiful National Awards Ceremony.
- Work with the Affiliate Awards Committee to make improvements to the program and ceremony
- Update application(s) annually, as needed, and promote to affiliate network and broader communities to encourage participation
- Solicit judges to review and score applications
- Work with Sr. Director, Research, Monitoring & Evaluation to score and select winners
- Communicate with applicants, recipients, and non-recipients
- Work with vendors to order physical awards and ensure timely delivery
- Organize awards ceremony including presenters, photographer, and developing a run of show
- Work with communications staff to ensure accuracy of presentations, remarks, and recipients
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in meeting planning.
- Knowledge of the role of grants in a nonprofit organization is a plus.
- Experience coordinating recognition programs and leading recognition events.
- Detail oriented, organized, and committed to structured project management.
- Ability to problem solve and develop solutions when challenges arise.
- Strong background in using a variety of software including: Salesforce, forms or survey management (e.g., Formstack, Form Assembly, SurveyMonkey, Survey Gizmo) and the Microsoft Suite.
- Content managements systems (e.g., Word Press, Drupal) is a plus.
- Consistently achieves goals and comfortable collaborating to set goals.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to do what it takes to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills.
- A team player who enjoys collaborating to develop solutions and achieve goals.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 10% of time.