Welcome to the Keep America Beautiful Careers page, where we post current full-time, part-time and paid internship opportunities in our national headquarters, located in Stamford, Connecticut.
Keep America Beautiful’s national headquarters is walking distance from the Stamford Metro-North train station with a shuttle bus also available. The office features a free parking garage and gym in the building and is conveniently located near great restaurants, bars, shopping and beautiful Mill River Park.
Persons with national service experience (VISTA, Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and veterans are encouraged to apply. Keep America Beautiful is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, ancestry, marital status, being a party to a civil union, handicap or disabilities or perception of disabilities, political activity, or other protected class status. Discrimination in violation of this policy is prohibited.
Please submit resumes with cover letters to email@example.com and include the title of the career opportunity in the Subject line of your email.
Note that based on the volume of resumes submitted, we unfortunately cannot reply to all submissions.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Keep America Beautiful team!
AmeriCorps VISTA Position
Keep America Beautiful VISTA Leader.
Click here for more information and to apply.
Senior Director Affiliate Operations
Responsible for the structure, growth and quality of the Keep America Beautiful national affiliate network, the Sr. Director, Affiliate Operations builds and maintains a strong relationship between the national office and KAB affiliates by managing and stewarding the strategic direction of the network, which is comprised of more than 600 state and community based affiliate organizations nationwide. Role also serves as a key organizational subject matter expert in sustainable materials management, particularly related to our three “pillars”: End Littering, Improve Recycling and Beautify America’s Communities.
- Working with senior staff and the Affiliate Operations team, strategically plan and implement direction to build and strengthen the affiliate network in the U.S. and nationally
- Manage growth and development of the existing affiliate network model, while conceiving and implementing new models in targeted communities
- Working with State Leaders Council (representing 27 current state-level affiliates), determine approach to engage communities in an “entry level” status working toward affiliation and those in states with second level of affiliates in order to broaden our reach and build our brand
- Use knowledge of sustainable materials management and best practices to support our three pillars (End Littering, Improve Recycling, Beautify America’s Communities) to develop content for National Conference and to inform and enhance national program offerings
- Maintain and build upon incorporation of the Keep America Beautiful Behavior Change System throughout the affiliate network. Counsel with Behavior Change Advisory Task Force.
- Create and implement an affiliate agreement for new and existing affiliates
- Regularly report to staff, Board, sponsors and partner organizations on affiliate operations
- Staff liaison to State Leaders Council including planning and execution of State Leaders Council annual meeting
- Work with Development and State Leaders to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward prospective donors and sponsors for State Affiliates
- Attend and present at State Affiliate conferences as necessary to further the goals of a strong relationship between national and local affiliates and present on trends in three pillar areas
- Manage/provide customer service to affiliates.
- Stay abreast of trends and issues through continuous interaction with affiliates
- Represent at external and partner organization conferences using subject matter expertise
- Serve as subject matter expert spokesperson for media inquiries
- Oversee annual Affiliate Satisfaction Survey and develop strategy to improve
- Supervise and manage 6 Affiliate Operations staff
- Work with Affiliate Services Regional Directors to grow the network
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent communication, public speaking and coalition building skills.
- Must be an innovator with demonstrated problem solving experience.
- Extensive knowledge of sustainable materials management
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in organizational management, business development and operations. Nonprofit or government experience a plus.
- Must be a good listener and be able to translate what is heard into meaningful training and programming opportunities.
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills, time management and ability to multi-task and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with team members, donors and other stakeholders.
- Understanding of behavior change methodology
- Must have ability and flexibility to travel (15-20% annually)
- Managerial and supervisor experience …
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree a plus
- Experience managing a network of member organizations, clubs, teams or groups
- Creativity and innovation
Chief Marketing Officer
As a member of the senior staff lead, create and implement integrated marketing and communications strategies and activities of the organization. Through collaboration with the President and CEO, senior leadership, the national staff, State Leaders Council and Board of Directors, develop communication/marketing strategies that define and differentiate the organization, empower the Keep America Beautiful Affiliate Network, broaden national programmatic reach, drive revenue and deepen engagement with our multiple stakeholders.
- Execute strategies designed to leverage brand awareness, relevance, thought leadership and reputation of KAB at a national level, manage consistent brand messaging to our key stakeholders, forge mutually beneficial partnerships, further develop our cause marketing initiatives and increase our mission impact
- Lead the team to optimize the brand and amplify our voice to ensure understanding of our purpose and mission among key internal and external stakeholders
- Develop marketing communication strategies for programs and ensures that all program elements maintain consistent messaging and brand strategy designed to build and sustain the KAB brand and its funding base
- Collaborate with President/CEO and leadership team to implement the organization’s strategic operating plan
- Work with KAB Affiliate Network on synthesis of national and affiliate brands (One Shared Brand)
- Provide leadership to and coordinate between Departments to ensure that marketing, KAB brand and communications efforts are synchronized, consistent and clear
- Manage external integrated marketing and social media agency (Rauxa), website development/tech firm (Oomph) and pro-bono SEO/SEM agency (AKDM)
- Oversee creative and production in coordination with the Ad Council for “I Want To Be Recycled” PSA campaign
- Generate national and local awareness of KAB, our programs and our Sponsors by leveraging traditional and digital media, webinars, videos and events
- Orchestrate web content to establish best in class web presence which will maximize brand awareness and drive donations
- Lead SEO/SEM efforts, including oversight of Google Adwords Grant
- Track and grow key metrics around (brand) messaging; establish and measure KPIs
- Partner with CDO to develop marketing strategies designed to expand fundraising and to define, leverage, and maximize corporate relationships
- Collaborate internally to create selling/presentation materials, newsletters, and videos to support KABs signature programs, attract new sponsors and sustain growth
- Develop and implement an advocacy strategy to promote broad issues related to our mission at the local, county, state and federal level
- Act as KAB spokesperson surrounding public relations
- Management of staff dedicated to ideation, design and production of collateral materials in all media (print, web, and video), project management, and managing vendors and external resources.
- Prepare and manage the communication budget and other specific marketing budgets
- Manage the day to day activities of the marketing communications department, hire additional staff as needed, coach and mentor
- Serve on key donor/partner account teams as the marketing subject matter expert
- Be a culture leader to enhance organization performance and individual staff professional development.
- Leadership and persuasion: As chief marketing officer you will, in conjunction with the President/CEO and senior staff, drive the strategy of Keep America Beautiful. Key to the role is the ability to inspire, motivate and persuade others across the organization.
- Research and analytics: Marketing has become much more data-driven in recent years and an effective chief marketing officer must able to understand how to use data and analytics to optimize marketing strategy.
- Writing: Ability to write and inspire from others compelling, crisp copy for a variety of marketing channels.
- Superb analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Passionate customer advocacy
- Thorough knowledge of marketing principles, brand, product and service management
- Ability to apply marketing techniques over digital (e.g. social media) and non-digital (e.g. press) channels
- Ability to understand changing market dynamics, translating them into actionable strategies to achieve organizational objectives
- Advanced experience working with a variety of traditional and modern marketing and communications functions including: branding and messaging to different target audiences
- An understanding of all aspects of print material production; development and implementation of social media plans; and working with the press and other related media outlets
- Deep understanding of changing nonprofit market dynamics, thought leadership and advocacy
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- A bachelor's degree is required and an advanced degree in marketing or business (MBA) is preferred
- 10 years of well-rounded marketing or business development experience in positions of increasing responsibility- with a focus on marketing expansion- as well as three to five years of experience in a leadership role.