The Creativity in Outreach & Media (COM) Awards
Formerly the Rogers Awards
Deadline: October 1, 2012
Keep America Beautiful, the organization credited with producing the most successful public service advertising (PSA) campaign in history, salutes advertising agencies, nonprofit organizations as well as Keep America Beautiful Certified Affiliates who have produced public service advertising designed to effect positive change towards the environment.
PSA’s are an excellent way to educate the public about issues affecting your community, heighten awareness of your program, initiatives and motivate people to get involved and make a difference.
There are three awards open to all affiliates (state, county, local) and their partners on an equal basis. Budget and size of the organization will be considered in the judging, but not be reflected in the distribution of awards. This new award structure/criteria will honor the best overall efforts incorporating ANY COMBINATION of multiple media and tactics including:
- Broadcast TV and radio
- Web Site & online advertising
- Outdoor advertising
- Street teams and event marketing
- Social media
- Public relations
- Awareness category: Honors the best media efforts to raise awareness of the local organization, its values (and $ value) and its mission; to build an audience and constituency; to reach diverse audiences; and build the presence of the organization in the community
- Behavior change category: Honors the best media efforts to inspire behavior change – preventing litter and reducing waste through recycling and 3R programs
Besides these awards, a Grand Champion optional “special merit” award will honor the best of the best across both categories, and the most creative mix of approaches – overall organization branding and community presence.
HOW TO ENTER:
- A copy of your award entry on DVD with samples of all creative along with a one page overview of the campaign, goals, strategies/tactics and a one page summary of results must be mailed to: Keep America Beautiful Attn: 2012 COM Awards, 1010 Washington Blvd, Stamford, CT 06901 (postmarked no later than October 1, 2012).
- Your DVD must be clearly marked with your organization name, contact name, address, phone number, email and the category you are entering.
An independent panel of judges from the communications and marketing industry will evaluate the entries. Winners will be notified by December 1, 2012. Awards may not be given in every category.
Winners will be recognized at Keep America Beautiful's 60th National Conference in Washington, D.C. on Tuesday, January 29, 2013.